Staying competitive and balanced in today's scientific research market
Being an academic in today's world brings its own unique challenges to researchers: with leading a growing team, deadlines, pressure to apply for research grants, publish in leading journals, deal with everyday work issues, and on top of this ... maintain a family, home and social life that is in balance. This is made even harder for researchers, especially in today's COVID-19 environment with an increase in working remotely/from home and frequent lockdowns.
In addition, within the competitive scientific arena, research grant proposals, nominations for prestigious prizes, promotion cases, and articles for high-impact journal articles need to be written at an exceptionally high level and have to communicate scientific ideas, intentions and conclusions in a manner that is clear, logical, to-the-point, convincing and easy to read.
Presentations at interview for research grants require a lot of time, dedication and attention. Applicants need to be fully at ease as well as prepared for answering all questions directed at them by the interview panel - this is the case for both 'in-person' as well as 'virtual' interviews. Applicants must speak clearly and convincingly in a manner that both experts and non-experts can understand.
At Whitehorne, we offer professional services in the areas of:
- Professional and individually tailored scientific leadership and stress management coaching and mentoring specifically tailored to the university sector.
- Individual writing support for research grant proposals and applications. Although we are experienced in, and have had much success in working with applicants for a range of research grant funding bodies within EU countries and beyond, including Dutch NWO grants, we specialise in ERC Starting, ERC Consolidator and ERC Advanced grants.
- Research grant interview training and support (for both in-person and virtual interviews).
- Native English critical review and scientific editing of journal articles (for high-impact journals only).
- Reviewing of documents for promotion cases and job applications.
- Writing (and reviewing) nominations for scientific prizes.
In working with us, you will always receive personalised, professional support from us directly - as we send no work out to other consultants, or use any third parties.